Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finding My Happy

I’ve never been alright with my happiness
Celebrated the joy of others
But could never take mine own seriously.


I knew it was only a matter of time
The rug would be pulled out
Soon I’d suffer another heartbreak.


I thought I gave him my heart
Believed it to be gone forever
Because I knew he’d never return my love


I didn’t realize my crucial mistake
Instead of giving my heart to “love”
I hid it so well, even I couldn’t find it.


And then that moment of fate
The day you came into my life
My heart came out of hiding.  Just for you.


This feeling is strange.  A constant smile on my lips
I’m sure my eyes light up whenever you’re near
The safety I feel when in your arms?  Bliss.


I could never have imagined
What was missing from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment