Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Numb


Partially inspired by Anna Nalick's "Bleed."

I know that it's over.
I feel nothing.
I don't miss you.
I don't love you.
I don't want you.

And yet...

I miss who you used to be.
I loved you once upon a time.
I want you to be happy.

I can't believe I had those feelings.
You really weren’t worth the time.
The only thing that's come from "us"
Is pitiful poetry.

I hate that I've cried over you.
Those tears told me that we would never be.
If you were right you wouldn't make me cry.

I hate that I wasted years waiting.
I put my life on hold
And you never noticed.

What did I see?
Everything I wanted,
you weren't
But I'm not bitter.
Only saddened.

Maybe I broke your heart too,
I'll never ask.
Won't try to possess the courage.
I want no regrets.
And truly have none.

But I wish things had ended without pain.

I know it's over.
I feel nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment