Saturday, February 26, 2011

Separated Feelings

I’m not that shy innocent little thing anymore.
I see the world with new, wonder-filled eyes.
I’m not that little girl who knows nothing.
And I can’t know everything,
But I know that this is right.

I know that every moment is worth it.
I know that I am no longer yours.
Yes, you helped me grow,
Began the teaching,
Showed me that there could be more in life,
But those moments are gone.

I’m coming to realize
I need the chance to spread my wings.
I need the opportunity to fly.
I need the chance to fall.
I need to make my own choices.

Don’t be heavy hearted.
Everything is changing
But everything must.
Time will not stand still
And holding on to the past
Hurts more than you know.

This is not a good-bye.
It’s a request.
I ask you to trust me,
Know I’ve learned,
Know I’ll be okay.

Surely you see the sparkle in my eyes.
You must realize this is the new reality.
I’m not going anywhere,
Nor am I ever going back
To the way things used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment