Monday, February 21, 2011

Breaking

“Hey, can you talk a little louder?  I don‘t think my heart is broken enough.”
-Anna Nalick, Paper Bag


Gossip.
Rumors.
Trash-talk.
Smack.
‘Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?’
Is there a bigger lie 
In the history of teenage existence?
Everyone’s passing the
‘She said’
‘He said’
‘She did what’s?’
Your enemy,
Your best friend,
The target doesn’t matter.
If the story’s juicy,
Then the world must know.
If my news can one-up yours
My brain loses all restraint,
The urge to bite my tongue is gone
And those angry words gush.
Heart’s breaking.
Tears flowing.
The drama’s becoming harsher.
It’s more than these fragile egos can take.
Will there ever be a breaking point?
I’m scared for them,
Scared for me,
Holding your head high 
Can only last for so long.
At some point the accusations will be too much
Who will catch them when they fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment